ES - 5-minute Chart
Lets walk through the day step by step and rationalize it a bit using basic concepts and S/R levels:
- Yesterday's Low was 1091.25 (support). Price bounced off 1091.75 on the open.
- Yesterday's High was 1103.25 (resistance). Price hit a high of 1101.00 this morning and sold off from there.
- ES moved down from 1101.00 through the mid-point and VWAP and bounced at 1094.25 (sign that bears may be in control now)
- Price retraced back up and chopped around the mid-point and VWAP for a bit (bulls losing the battle), and then popped up to 1099 (1098.50 was .618 retracement of the 1101-1094.25 swing).
- Sold off again from there, and broke down through the mid-point and VWAP (bears in control), and found some support at 1090 (1088-1090 was a support level posted on earlier Key Level charts).
- At this point, the first hour low has been established at 1091.75 and will act as an area of resistance.
- ES sells off again, and finds some support at 1088.50 (1088 posted as Key Level on earlier charts).
- Price attempts to retrace back up a couple of times, but doesn't manage to cross 1091.75 on a closing basis, and we see more selling pressure.
- We get another bounce at 1087, and price retraces back to 1091 (1090.50 is .618 retracement of the 1092.50-1087.00 price swing).
- The next area of support on the Key Levels chart was 1084.25, and we got a bounce at 1084.50.
- Prior support becomes resistance, so we can now use the 1088s and the 1087s as resistance. Price retraced back to 1087, and sold off again; this time moving down to 1082.50.
- Finally, ES retraced from 1082.50 back up to 1087.50, which is where it closed (1086.50 = Value Area Low).
I hope the commentary was helpful and gave you some ideas on the levels/areas to watch during the day.
Post a Comment
At the minimum, please provide your name or Twitter handle when posting comments. Do not post as Anonymous. Comments that contain links to commercial websites will be marked as spam.